Ali Bin Al-Hussein
Prince Ali, 37, is the youngest member of the FIFA executive committee.
Empowering women to play a more proactive role in football.
Photos of football, Prince Ali as an athlete and sports fan, and his family.
This gallery contains videos of football and Prince Ali’s interviews.
- Jordan wins bid to host FIFA U17 Women World Cup
- Prince Ali Delighted After Jordan Lands U17 Women's Cup
- Norwegian Foreign Minister inaugurates 'Football Fields’
- AFC and partners launch One Goal campaign
- Ambitious Jordan eye World Cup breakthrough
- King donates financial support to the national football
The Football World
"Football is more than a sport, it's a culture, a lifestyle, a powerful medium for uniting people."
Ali Bin Al Hussein
In 1904, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) was created as the international governing body of football to organize and improve one of the most popular sports of all time. Today, Football continues to grow more popular worldwide.
The scope of FIFA's work is carried out by the help of expert confederations in the six continents which in turn are representatives of the 208 national football associations.
- AFC (Asian Football Confederation) in Asia, includes Australia
- CAF (Confederation Africaine de Football) in Africa
- CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football) in North and Central America and the Caribbean
- CONMEBOL (Confederacion Sudamericana de Futbol) in South America
- UEFA (Union des Associations Europeennes de Football) in Europe
- OFC (Oceania Football Confederation) in Oceania
The Asian Football Confederation, established in 1954 with headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and considered the largest of the six FIFA confederations, consists of 46 member associations, which represent more than half of the world's population.
The AFC includes four sub-regions:
- East Asian Football Federation: has China, Hong Kong, DPR Korea, Korea Republic, Guam, Japan, Chinese Taipei, Macau and Mongolia.
- West Asian Football Federation: has Iraq, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran, UAE and Yemen.
- South and Central Asian Federation includes; Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- The ASEAN zone(ASEAN Football Federation); Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.